Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Emails Notifications could not be delivered - How to resend?

Hi Experts,

I am using HPSM 9.40 P2 and we recently had our test account's password expired which authenticated our HPSM to our SMTP server. This caused emails to not be able to be delievered due to no SMTP server to send the emails.

I was curious as to how I get these emails to be sent out now, as they haven't automatically been resent.

Eventout doesn't show any emails to be sent.

I can see all the emails that weren't sent in the DB under dbo.MAILM1

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Emails Notifications could not be delivered - How to resend?

If the table mail contains all the information about the emails you can write a script that copies each record to a eventout record to send the mail again.my advice is that you add the parameter "keepmail" or replace the scsmtp/javamail appilcation with a different solution. Those two applications have a major bug because they delete emails from service manager before they have been delivered to the mail server and it is this bug which caused the loss of your emails. If you have the keepmail paramter on you can resend mails by resetting the pointer file and you should add a schedule job that routinely deletes the mails after a cetain amount of time.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.