Sandhu_Mol Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Enable the fields under Spare/Purchased part and RoHS Compliance tab for some users

Hi Experts,

I am using SM 9.40. I have to enable the fields under Spare/Purchased part and RoHS Compliance tab to those people who are having WPchange+IM+PM approver as user role.

Now, I am trying in format control by giving the calculation condition as below.

if ($lo.user.role="WPchange+IM+PM approver" or $lo.user.role="WPchange manager+Press Customization") then ($e.readonly="yes") else ($e.readonly="no")

$e.readonly="no" is the read only condition the spare part fields.

But it is not working.

Any suggestions are appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Josh_MM Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Enable the fields under Spare/Purchased part and RoHS Compliance tab for some users

Assuming the variable is available (check via debugger), this could be due to your condition. References need to be in between square brackets, with a binary reference to the value: [$e.readlony]="no"

0 Likes
Sandhu_Mol Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Enable the fields under Spare/Purchased part and RoHS Compliance tab for some users

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your valuable replay.

I have solved the issue by creating a new user role and capability word for the group of people I need to enable the particular field.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.