Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Encrypt SRC password " key size is not supported. Illegal key size" error

Experts,

while trying to setup the oob SRC, I had noticed that the 'Browse catalog' option was invisible once logged into SRC. I did a few steps like clearing the tomcat cache, making sure falcon is having all the capabilities required (SOAP APi, svcCatAdmin, svcCatEmployeeRequestor, service catalog etc.. ).

Finally I tried to add my user ID to the admin credentials list along with falcon. While trying to encrypt the password, I was running the runme.bat file from the SRC folder and not successful in generating the encrypted password.encrypt pwd 1.JPG

encrypt pwd 1.1.JPG

Re ran the bat file, on step 2, mentioned the encryption key as pbe.

encrypt pwd 2.JPG

I was getting the error as Key size not supported and the password file is coming blank.

Anyone faced similar issue ?Plz guide.

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Encrypt SRC password " key size is not supported. Illegal key size" error

Rerun the batch file with a simple password like "password" as well as a complex password like "P@ssw0rd" and check if this is related to the password complexity.

And make sure you have the Password file is accessible by the command. To eliminate this access related issue, you can change the property settings of the password file and make sure to change it to Full control for all users. Once it is done rerun the batch file as per the password complexity rule stated above. 

Please check and confirm.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thank you for the reply washim.

Step 2 is asking for encryption key, not the password. Basically it is asking to enter if  PBE or any other method .

The example string given on the command seems to be wrong.

It is the step3 which is asking to enter the password.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,
First I'd like to recommend you to create a specific user to be used by SRC to load the catalog.
Check your java being used (java -version) must be 1.8
Good luck!
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thank you for the reply breno.

java -version is 1.8.0.11

I am using my operator account to for this integration for the purpose of testing. I have included all the mentioned capability words to my ID.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I too faced similar issue in past. Got a support case raised and support engineer came up with a new encryptor script and we followed all other steps to get it to work without any error.

Check if you can rasie a support case and get the proper encryptor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Support is not responsive yet...

We could actually use any online PBE encryption tools for this , right ?. We do not have to depend on this encryptor utility to work ?

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.