Respected Contributor.. Mark Siple Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Encrypt password only for Service Manager operatorm1 table

Is there a way to encrypt a password and paste that password into the operatorm1 database table.  I've found references to sm -encrypt, but that seems to be for encrypting a string for an *.ini file.  This would be a copy and paste directly into the password field of the operatorm1 table for a user (me).

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Encrypt password only for Service Manager operatorm1 table

The password field already saves as encrypted when you save a plaintext password in the record.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Mark Siple Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Thanks, Jacob.  I should have been more clear.  I'm trying to update the operatorm1 table directly through SQL Developer.  If I use an update statement like below:

update operatorm1 set password='<password>' where name='<name>';

It saves as plain text, which also doesn't work.  Right now we're locked out of our DEV environment and are trying to get back in.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Mark,

To make it work you'll need to set the password encrypted using SHA512.

Alternatively, you can export an operator record from any other environment and import it on DEV from the command line. There are several topics on forum about how to do that a good example is: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/sm-file-load-options-to-list-content-only/m-p/1024285

If you don't have any other environment to copy from, give me your SM version and I'll try to upload some for you.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.