Highlighted
New Member.

End of committed support and End of extended support

We are currently using Service Manager 9.5 for ticketing purposes. I would like to know more information how much it would cost for during end of extended support if we needed support?  We are currently on 9.5 is it preferred we upgrade to 9.6 to avoid obsolescence. Also how do we get support from self help is it just a self serve portal??  

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: End of committed support and End of extended support

Hi,

What do you mean by extended support.  Do you mean version 9.5 would not be supported by MF or do you mean you want to renew your existing support.

Please explain more along with your country

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: End of committed support and End of extended support

Micro Focus Software Product

Released

End of Support notification

End of Committed Support

End of Extended support

End of Self-Help Support (with Rights to New Versions RTNV)

Time Based (TB) or Version Based (VB)

Service Manager 9.5x

Oct 26, 2016

Nov 01, 2016

Nov 30, 2020

Nov 30, 2022

Nov 30, 2026

TB

9.5x committed support ends on 30 Nov 2020. You have about 1 year to prepare your upgrade to 9.6x. Upgrade is the only way to avoid obsolescence. You do not need to pay to upgrade to next version licenses if it's the same for the same, unless there's some major changes. If you need help with upgrade, there's always Micro Focus partners and the Micro Focus Professional Services available to assist for a cost.

During extended support, you can still get help from engineers but no access to R&D for fixes or patches.The cost to get access to R&D during extended support can varies. You will need to contact your Sales Representative who will negotiate with R&D to get a short term support agreement. This short term support agreement is to help customers who need longer time to upgrade or for other reasons and still need access to R&D.

End of self help means removal of existing patches , hotfixes, documentation, KM and online help to SM 9.5x to allow room for newer versions.

I hope this answer your questions.

NOTE: This is based on my personal knowledge as I understand it and may not be 100% up to date. Do check with your Sales Representative for the latest information.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.