ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Error ORA-00972 creating IR index

Jump to solution

When trying to create an IR index in Service Manager, Version 9.64, it sends an index object with more than 30 characters, then oracle returns the following error message:

#log

RTE E Error: SQL code=972 message=ORA-00972: identifier is too long
RTE E API=OCIStmtExecute [in sqociExecOne], Statement=CREATE INDEX SMIR_96F4B245BE025DEB306CD769615427A9D0474D75

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would like to thank you for the suggestions and at the same time share the solution to the problem.

The Oracle 18c database, installed on customer, was updated in compatibility mode with Oracle 12, not allowing objects with more than 30 characters to be created.

SHOW PARAMETER compatible;

NAME TYPE VALUE
----------------------------------
compatible string 12.1.0.2.0

The solution is to remove Oracle compatibility mode in the "init.ora" file and recreate the RI index through Service Manager.

NAME TYPE VALUE
----------------- ------- ------
compatible string 18.0.0
noncdb_compatible boolean FALSE

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You should log a support case for this. It sounds like a SM defect that's creating table name which exceed Oracle limit of 30 characters.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

I don't want to give wrong information but IR Indexes are not created or maintained at DB level. As far as I know, if there is already an IR Index in one table, you cannot create another. You can only add fields to IR Index or delete and recreate it. If the system is trying to create an index at db level either it is a product defect or something wrong with the configuration.

Btw, I kindly recommend you to use Smart Analytics instead of IR Index. Much better and Smart Search functionality does not require license because Adobe ends flash support at the end of this year and Micro Focus offers this options to its SM customers who are still using SRC to let them use SMA-SM.

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Likes

I would like to thank you for the suggestions and at the same time share the solution to the problem.

The Oracle 18c database, installed on customer, was updated in compatibility mode with Oracle 12, not allowing objects with more than 30 characters to be created.

NAME TYPE VALUE
----------------------------------
compatible string 12.1.0.2.0

The solution is to remove Oracle compatibility mode in the "init.ora" file and recreate the RI index through Service Manager.

NAME TYPE VALUE
----------------- ------- ------
compatible string 18.0.0
noncdb_compatible boolean FALSE

View solution in original post

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thanks for sharing the solution with all.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.