Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
113 views

Error in update from uCMDB to Service Manager

Hi Experts,

We have integration of uCMDB 8.02 with Service Manager 7.11. We have scenario when we update a CI in uCMDB and run a replication job, the update goes in uCMDB. But, this happen only if the UCMDB IDs of CI of both (SM and UCMDB) match.

We wanted this to work with CI name also. We implemented DEM rule and gave the sequence 1 to CI name mapping. But, this doesn't work. Say, if CI is deleted from uCMDB and the same CI is in SM, when we try to create the same CI in UCMDB and send the update to SM, it creates a new CI in SM with slightly different name.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Vatsalya
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I think you are on the right track with the DEM rule. Couple things to check:
1. Is the field you are reconciling against being brought over from ucmdb?
2. Have you tried restart the SM application? Sometimes you need to do that so it will recompile the code correctly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Andrew, for the response.

I did not restart SM after this, will do.
All fields that go to SM, are also updated when we send data from CMDB when SM finds the uCMDB ID same.

Regards,
Vatsalya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.