Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Error message after searching for a CI

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,
I need your help please.
SM 9.52 integrated with UCMDB

Whenever I search for a CI in SM, I get the following error message:

Error calling method: doSoapRequest in class: com/hp/ov/sm/server/utility/SoapClient Exception (java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: null)

Can you please let me know what is it about & how can I fix it?
Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Error message after searching for a CI

Jump to solution
Check the logs, usually it gives more detailed information;
Depends on the system the URL is configured at the System Information or at SMIS... Check them;
If newer version that already uses SMIS you can even take a look at the SL uCMDBConfiguration there you can find the methods that retrieve the URL.. call them and see if it's returning the correct value.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello,

The recommendation is to open a ticket with the support team, since it could mean that the CI is not coming to SM at all and then when you try to search for it  it does not exist and the message is shown.

So it will require deep troubleshooting.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Check the logs, usually it gives more detailed information;
Depends on the system the URL is configured at the System Information or at SMIS... Check them;
If newer version that already uses SMIS you can even take a look at the SL uCMDBConfiguration there you can find the methods that retrieve the URL.. call them and see if it's returning the correct value.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Correct. This was related to the URL in the SMIS. After Modifying it, the error disappeared.
Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.