Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Error message with HTML notifications in Incidents

Good morning Experts,

I have been tasked with sending out some alerts and HTML notifications when an SLA reaches certain times.

Goal: Create Service Level Targets (SLT) for incidents

This SLT (process target) will apply to the incident when an incident is created with varies level of impact

1- Critical Impact (2 hours to resolve)
2- High Impact (4 hours to resolve)
3- Low Impact (168 hours or 7 days to resolve)
The results that we would like to see is that the incident ticket is consistently being worked on and meeting the SLA according to the impact.

Some of tasks that we would like to accomplish are as follows:

Create a new SLA that will start with any new incident ticket is created ex.. (Base Monitoring SLA for IT services)
Alerts vs Notifications
How to send out the best option between the alerts or notifications
Notify the assignment group/assignee when the SLT has reached 25%,50%,75% and then notify the incident manager when it is breached.
So to accomplish the first set of goals I created alerts for each of the percentages (25,50,75).

So this is where I get lost:

Create the message
Message number should be the same as the message
Language Code: en
Class: alert
Message Number: message name
Notification Definition
Msg Class: HTML Template
Msg No: Name of the message
Arguments: jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailBody", "name of the HTML notification", $L.file, $L.file.save)
Condition: ??
Format: ??
Notify Method: email
Recipient: who you want to receive email
I often get this error message back with the HTML notification all of the HTML tags

Message HTML Template-1 Could not be found:

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Error message with HTML notifications in Incidents

if you are using Msg Class = HTMLTEmplate then you don't have to have a format, just the Arguments field needs to call the htmltemplate you want

The condition can be whateer you want.  Here is one out of the box for the ChM Change Open notification:

filename($L.file)="cm3r" and category in $L.file="Release Management"

There is no space in HTMLTemplate, you've written it twice with a space, so maybe that's why you got an error?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good morning fcbcd,

Yes the HTML email comes over but it always seem to get show the HTML source in the email. 

I have tried to look over the source of the HTML notification but it seems to just show the source.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I'm sorry but let me make sure that I'm clear on the HTML format. It shows everything correctly but when the email comes over it shows the bottom picture.

4-3-2017 8-04-47 AM.png4-3-2017 8-06-11 AM.png4-3-2017 8-08-41 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Ah - I misunderstood your question.

I would go to your HTML template and click the Source button on the toolbar, copy all the HTML code into a better editor and make sure there are no punctuation issues or missing/extra parenthesis or brackets

sourcebutton.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.