Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Error when create new CI

When i make new CI, after i press ADD button, i get next messages:

Script 'ciVisualizationTools', line 24: ERROR TypeError: strLogicalName has no properties at symbol 1.

this line in ciVisualizationTools library: 

if (strLogicalName.indexOf("logical.name=") != -1)

strLogicalName is argument of function getGraph.

Where is this functions calls ?

And why did i get this error (logical.name value is derived from FC-js for ADD and UPDATE) ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Error when create new CI

When I've seen this happen before, it's been related to viewing the Relationship Graph on a CI record.

We've seen the error when one of the cirelationship records for these CIs contains a null entry in the array.  So, check your CI relationship records. Check to see if any have one or more null entries in the array of related CIs.

What seems to be happening (as near as I can figure) is that the system takes a look at the CIs that are related to the current CI record you're on, and wants to draw a picture of those CIs.  So it uses the ciVisualization script, along with some data from each of those related CI records, and draws out the graph.  But, since it's basically iterating through the related CIs array, if any of them have a null entry, it tries to use that null value as the logical.name that it throws over to the ciVisualization script.  Since a null value has no properties, you get the error message you're seeing.

So, starting with the current CI where you're getting the error, look at the upstream and downstream cirelationship records, and then hop out to look at the cirelationship records related to all of those CIs.  (At one point, I had a SQL query to search against the database, but I don't have it in front of me at the moment).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error when create new CI

Hello, thank you for answer.

I also believe that the case in an attempt to draw the display for the tab "related CI.

But this happens when I click on the save button to create a new CI , there's not one relations yet.

May be this need to display a picture for this new one CI in "relations graph"  tab. And this script starts before the "logical.name" value was formed ("logical.name" created in FC for ADD, UPDATE)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.