Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Errors from link record query

Jump to solution

Hello,

We want 'Retired' CIs to not be visible for selection when creating new Change records, so I added a line to the CM3R link record for affected.item (line 3 in the code below) to filter out 'Retired' CIs unless in the Closure phase:

---

if ($fill.skip.master=true) then ($fill.skip=true;cleanup($fill.skip.master))

$query="device.type=\"bizservice\""

if (not (current.phase in $File="Closure")) then $query+=" and iStatus~=\"Retired/Consumed\""

if (not (null(affected.item in $File))) then $query+=(" and logical.name#\""+affected.item in $File+"\"")

---

When I open a new Change ticket and attempt to fill or find on a partial string in the Service field (affected.item) I get two error messages:

1) Cannot select records from link file; probable bad query: device.type="bizservice" and iStatus~="Retired/Consumed" and logical.name#"Backup Services"

2) Query field (iStatus) in (device) not defined in dbdict (us.link,select.records)

The second error is actually given twice.

I have confirmed that 'iStatus' is indeed defined in the dbdict record for the device table.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Jeremy Newell

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Errors from link record query

Jump to solution

Hello Jeremy,

field name is lowercase, istatus, not iStatus.
it works with lowercase in my SM OOB,
1) device.type="bizservice" and iStatus~="Retired/Consumed" and logical.name#"Backup Services"
-> Query field (iStatus) in (device) not defined in dbdict (se.search.engine,select.records)

2) device.type="bizservice" and istatus~="Retired/Consumed" and logical.name#"Backup Services"
-> works, no record found

Regards,
Eric

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Errors from link record query

Jump to solution

Hello Jeremy,

field name is lowercase, istatus, not iStatus.
it works with lowercase in my SM OOB,
1) device.type="bizservice" and iStatus~="Retired/Consumed" and logical.name#"Backup Services"
-> Query field (iStatus) in (device) not defined in dbdict (se.search.engine,select.records)

2) device.type="bizservice" and istatus~="Retired/Consumed" and logical.name#"Backup Services"
-> works, no record found

Regards,
Eric

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.