Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Expand folder entitlement for contacts and companies

Hi,

I put this also to Support board but like to hear comments from other implementors.

I'm planning to expand Service Manager usage in the company to one separate user group. Situation is that this new user group shouldn't see current user group ticket information, contacts, CI's and they have separate categorization for tickets. What would be best way to implement this?

Folder entitlement is in use at the moment. Part of contacts and companies are same for both user groups. Folder entitlement covers ticket information and CI's but not contact and companies. Multi company covers ticket categorization but how about contacts because they are from several companies.

So should I expand folder entitlement to cover also contact and company information or use only mandanten and security groups to define witch contacts are only for group A or B and which are for both? (New array field where I could define security groups with same name as folders are).

Am I missing some thing that should be checked?

- tickets on different modules (Folder entitlement)

- ticket categorization (multi company but not sure is this the best way)

- CI's (Folder entitlement)

- Contacts (multi company or modified folder entitlement)

- Companies (?)

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.