Expert experience - Migration from 9.30 to 9.52
Hello, our migration plan is to upgrade to Hybrid (actually we are on Hybrid in test environment) and now we are analyzing possibilities for best migration to Codeless, but to keep our legacy code (made in last 6 years of customization)
Did anyone have same expirience? And what were Your steps?
hope you are doing fine.
In order to clarify all your doubts, you can take a look on the following link >
there you can find the steps to make the upgrade and you can decide which one is better for you. Hope it helps.
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Our upgrade (year ago) patch was following: from 9.34 non-PD to 9.34 PD and then to upgrade to 9.41. Conversion to 9.34 PD and upgrade to SM 9.41 were done back-to-back. (BAck then, SM didn't support a onestop leap from SM 9.34 non-PD to SM 9.41 PD.) We went "full PD" and accomodated own tailoring work - also approx. 6 years work - to fit PD's logic.
If possible in terms of testing and outage time needed to complete the upgrade, I recommend full PD conversion instead of hybrid version. From the point of SM developer, it's much easier to work with a "one set of mind" instead of hopping between two versions of SM. Naturally, it's mostly a business decision which way to go.
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish