Highlighted
Visitor.

Export/Migrate Attachments from HPSM 9.30 to HPSM 9.41

Hello guys,

I browsed through the forum but I was not able to find any related articles regarding this (the ones related to the topic were with expired urls).

Can someone share an article, document, guide or something regarding migration of attachments between two HPSMs.

1) We will need to migrate around 60k Configuration Items and many of them are with attachments.

2) Also we have 80k Incident tickets, again many of them with attachments.

We know that this is possible with Connect-IT but we are unable to find any guide or any kind of useful document.

Is it also possible a direct unload/load somehow ?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! 

Many thanks in advance!

BR,
F.G.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Export/Migrate Attachments from HPSM 9.30 to HPSM 9.41

You might be able to do this by copying the rows off the database tables between the two systems, but there are a few pitfalls you would have to watch out for:

1.  Make sure to include all the necessary tables involved

2.  Make sure there aren't duplicate keys for these records between the two systems, if there are, you would need to manipulate the data accordingly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You can also write a javascript for export and another for import. Should be relatively easy. Some time ago I wrote a javascript to export attachments from knowledge inorder to import them in ServiceNow. (I don't have access to that script currently)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replays. 

I think it is not a good idea (and practice) directly to mainpulate the data on a DB level. 

Also we do not have access to a JS developer at this moment so any more details about a js solution are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

F.G.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

hi,

1. manipulation with HP SM data on DB level is normal, because HP SM Database is not relational one. We just need to be accurate with IDs, counters and numbers if applicable. So, you could copy data from SYSATTACHMENTS table from one DB to another using correct SQL query.

2. you could use "Mass unload" of SYSATTACHMENTS table. First search for necessary attachment records, then unload them and load to another HP SM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.