Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Export\View data from table in template

Hello.

There is a table in Word which fill in with data from CI (manually copy-past from CI to MS Word), further this document print out that the user put the signature on paper.

It is necessary that the formed the same table (like in word) with data from CI, but the data is taken automatically from CI (if this is list of CI - then for each of them on separate list)

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Export\View data from table in template

I'm not so sure about your requirement, Due to my understanding, you can use join query to do the same in report. There are sample that you can check in SM help server.

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.50/Codeless/Content/database/reference/cross_table_query_two_tables.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

No I need something like a report, the data in which will be taken from the device table.

This report must be looks like my document in word - the table in which the cells will display data from the device table and some fixed text around the table and in the column headers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Why not a report? If this is just a part of a bigger document, you can refer to it as an appendix and do as report only the appendix.

If report does not work out you could also access HPSM database/ws from Word using Macro.. but better would be just export from HPSM and copy to Word file,

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you tell me more about report ?

This is in SM ? then where is it ? my SM 9.31

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

HPSM 9.31 has an internal reporting tool, I think the name is SM Reports but honestly I never developed anything using it. I already saw in use but it was more for simple graphs.. I was thinking about a external reporting, like Crystal (it comes with HPSM in bundle) or any corporate reporting ... 

if you don't have any corporate reporting tool in place it might be easier and faster fulfill it inside HPSM as you wanted .... of course it will depends on how complex is your report but if you are able to make it available inside HPSM you could at least copy the entire table for word... I would make try to make the whole report using a regular format.. you can check components and even make a nice one in HTM. check how it will shows when printing and adjust accordingly, the table for sure you will be able to do, the whole report will depends on the report characteristics.. 

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I never use a report, so where can i read about this ?

There is a word file where operator manually insert data (copy-past)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.