Highlighted
Absent Member.. Anil Merani Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Export attachments from Service Manager

Jump to solution
We want to know how we can export attachments as files from Incident tickets to other systems. Requiremnt is to send attachments related to an incident to another system.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Tommy Jensen Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Export attachments from Service Manager

Jump to solution
Yes it is possible. I did that with Connect.It a long time ago.

See here for more: http://www.sc-resources.net/threads/2256-Save-all-attachments-from-SC-to-local-folder?highlight=export+attachment

You could probably do it with webservices today or maybe even with JavaScript method: SCFile.getAttachment( attachID )

ps. I looked in the help file for 9.20 so maybe that function is new in 9.20 I don't know).
0 Likes
11 Replies

Jump to solution
Yes it is possible. I did that with Connect.It a long time ago.

See here for more: http://www.sc-resources.net/threads/2256-Save-all-attachments-from-SC-to-local-folder?highlight=export+attachment

You could probably do it with webservices today or maybe even with JavaScript method: SCFile.getAttachment( attachID )

ps. I looked in the help file for 9.20 so maybe that function is new in 9.20 I don't know).
0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Tommy,
Thanks so much for your suggestions and code. I tried the Connect-It scenario and it worked as was able to export and open the attachments. Only got a mapping error message "'attachment' is an item of collection 'attachments': you must provide an item number.". Do we have to change the mapping to ensure that the probsummary table is the parent document?

Will try the JavaScript soon on a SM7.11 system.

Thanks,

Anil.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Tommy,
The JavaScript code does not work in Service Manager as the SCFile.getAttachment or getAttacments function is not recognized as a valid function. This function is not in the Help documentation either.
Is this a new function for version 9.20?

Anil.
0 Likes
John Stagaman_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
The attached document includes example code for both sending attachments from SM and receiving attachments into SM using web services.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Anil. Yes as I mentioned I had looked in the help documentation for 9.20 and tested it on 9.20.

It is indeed new functionality in 9.20. The alternative is as mentioned web services or Connect.It which I also posted a link to a solution for.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks for the solutions. Will be using Connect-It to export the attachments.
0 Likes
Victoria Stefan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Anil,

In the attachment file you will find part of the solution how to send attachments to external system via WebServices in the older Service Manager versions (7.).

Hope it will be useful,

Regards,

Victoria
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks Victoria, will keep this for future reference.
0 Likes
Deepansh1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Tommy 

Above links are not working.

Any workaround for this ?

0 Likes
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

some search and right url

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.