Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Export of All records

Hi,

Can any one tell, if there is option available to export all the interaction records logged in a month and irresepecive of status of records, I mean we need to have all the records logged during a month and where record status can be resolved, or closed or work in progress or categorize etc.

Environment : HP SM 9.40 Codeless (Windows and MSSQL)

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Export of All records

Are you trying to export records, or are you trying to generate a report?

Exporting all the records from one system to another system can be done by an unload; but if you're looking for a report of everything, the native GUI is not the best place to do that.  There's limited reporting capabilities in HPSM, and you'll want to connect to the underlying database with a real reporting tool (like Crystal, for example) if you plan on doing any significant reporting.

However, if your record size isn't _too_ large, there is a function on the More menu called 'Export to Text' that will allow you to dump the columns displayed into a txt or csv file.

From the IM search screen, perform your search to get a list of records.

In the Record List pane, on the More menu, select Modify Columns to get the columns you want.

Then, on the More menu in the Record List pane, select the Export to Text and follow the prompts to dump your list.

However, like I said, this doesn't work well for large record sets and if you're looking for something with significant and powerful reporting capabilities, you'll want to hook into the underlying db with a different tool.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Jacob,

What will be the difference between Export and Report.

I am looking for export of all records for a month, as in the To Do Queue, i am unable to customize and get the option of viwing the "closed" records.

Could you please suggest the steps to be follwed for using the "Unload" option as well.

kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Ok, so basics.

An Unload is what the tool uses to move data from one Service Manager instance to another. Everything in HPSM is a record in a table, so when the developers in your company are building something for HPSM, they should be building it in a development environment. Then, when their development work is done, they unload the records they've modified as an unload file, and move to the next environment (like User Acceptance Testing or Release Testing) or something like that.

Occasionally, there may be a need to copy records from Production down to a lower environment in order to replicate and resolve some issue that is occuring in your Prod environment.

But that doesn't sound like what you're trying to do here.  You're trying to get a report - like a list of records with specific fields so that you can look at it in a spreadsheet.

As I stated before, HPSM has limited reporting capabilities, and if you're asking on behalf of an enterprise deployment of HPSM, I would recommend reaching out to whomever in your company is skilled with data manipluation, database queries, and generating reports, because it is not sustainable (especially in a large organization) to do an export of ALL records using the HPSM user interface.

That being said, a View is just a saved search.  The view of Incident records in your ToDo queue is not that much different than going to the Incident Search screen, entering a search to return the records you want.  Then follow the directions in my last post.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.