Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Exporting Workflows but can't find phases inside

I am trying to migrate a customized workflow from one Service Manager environment to another (same version), but after importing the workflow, I opened it and can't see any phases inside (the viewer is just empty).

I tried to migrate the records in Database Manager > WorkflowPhase first, and then import the workflow, but still got the same result, no phases inside the migrated workflow.

I exported a customized workflow using below steps:

1. Navigate Tailoring Process Designer Export Workflow.
  2. In the Export/Unload a Workflow tab, select a Process Designer Table from the Table drop-down.
  3. Select the workflow from the Workflow Name field.
  4. Enter an appropriate name in the External File Name box. (ExportWorkflow.unl)
  5. Select the Append to file check box.

Then I copied the ExportWorkflow.unl file from the server to my desktop, and then import using Database Manager:

1. Navigate More > Import/Load.
  2. In File Name, browse and select the ExportWorkflow.unl file.
  3. Type an Import Descriptor, File Type=winnt.
  4. Click Load FG.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Exporting Workflows but can't find phases inside

Not the same thing as you're describing but I have had an issue before where after I unloaded a customized workflow the phases and transitions didn't render properly.

In my case the workflow updates had been applied but I had to restart the web services before it looked correct.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.