Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

External Pre-Release for next version of Service Manager

As many of you know, we are starting next week (April 11) the beta program for the next version of Service Manager (9.30).

I look forward to have you try the new and exciting features of that new version.

Best regards,

Jacques Conand

Product Line Director, Service Manager

Product Management Director, Service and Configuration Management
0 Likes
9 Replies
coldbeer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Pre-Release for next version of Service Manager

Are you going to test it :smileyhappy:

you can beam us a copy if you like, we were about to have a play with 9.2 and then all the patches, just to have a look see. If you can get us a Beta 9.3 that would be easier. will SRC be fully integrated into it.?

hooroo

peter

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Peter,

We will not send copies but instead have a hosted beta (EPR) for SM 9.30.

Best regards,

Jacques

0 Likes
Aaron Laing Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Who can get access to this hosted Beta system?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Aaron,

The hosted beta is now locked in terms of additional participants. The next program we are planning for is an "early adopter" program where we will help the first customers adopting the 9.30 official version. Please drop me a mail at jacques.conand@hp.com if you are interested.

Best regards,

Jacques

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

Not sure that i am happy about new version. Can you please briefly say is it standart RTE upgrade or logic will change from 9.20? This is really critical as we were going to take 9.20 in our several starting projects. And of course if you can let me in the system (9.30) it would be really awsome.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Vadim,

Well, you don't have to go to the new version if you don't want to 🙂 (and anyway it is not availabel yet). Yes, the plan is that you will be able to upgrade just the RTE and run a hybrid 9.30 (RTE) - 9.20 (Apps) installation.

As I replied in another thread, the beta program is closed in terms of participants, but if you would liek to be an early adopter this is a possibility.

Best regards,

Jacques Conand

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Jacques,

Thank you for your reply. To be honest it wont be my choice which version to chose as none of the customer's want to start project in the version which will have to be upgraded in near future. Besides of that I suppose the cases I have opened already and the rest which I will open on 7x or 9.20 will be solved (or set as a solution) in new version and not in current once :smileyhappy:

Of course maybe I am too suspicious and 9.30 will be the best version which will cover all needs of the customers and integrators :smileyhappy: So looking forward for "touching" the 9.30 (unfortunately I saw this thread too late and was not able to sign for beta testing before). I have sent you an email for signing me up as an early adopter.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Vadim,

I wanted to add a note on your statement on support cases on 9.20. Even as we release new versions of SM, we continue to fix a lot of support cases on previous versions, so there is no reason to believe that your support cases on 9.20 will only be fixed in 9.30. This could be the case if the fix is structural, but that would certainly not be a general rule.

Best regards,

Jacques Conand

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

Nice to hear that as I am currently waitiing for few solutions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.