Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Extract Knowledge Documents from Service Manager

Hi experts

Could tell me how i can extract all Knowledge Documents from Service Manager?

If consult the knowledge base appears more than 63 and the 63 are only the records that I can extrac from kmdocument file(table)

Thanks in advance

Best regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Extract Knowledge Documents from Service Manager

What exactly is the target format of the extracted records? Unlike the old Get-Answers product there is not a 'Knowledge Management Export Utility' which will extract the records into individual xml files. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Brett

The target is upload the km documents to another system, the extraction works to me if is possible extract the information to paste in a document of Microsoft Word.

I can extract this information with the "Export to text file" utility form SM

Do you have some advice to extract all records or extract the content to paste in Word?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If the 'other system' is another Service Manager instance then a Service Manager Unload from the source and a load of that unload into the SM target with work.

Exporting documents to Text (or even a spreadsheet) will include all of the html code that visually formats the knowledge document for the html viewer. Once exported the exported document would look very much like a webpage where you right clicked and chose 'View Source'. There is , however, a stripHtml function within the index scripts, but I'm not sure if it's possible to call that during the Export process. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Brett

Actually the objective is upload the km documents from SM to Service Anywhere.

My main problem is that the csv file that I extracted from SM does not have complete the information

if is possible extract them like in SM when you do a search that would be terrific

Do you have some idea?

Thanks

Best regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.