Adam Coop Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FCR Question:

Jump to solution
Were worried about affecting FCR for Service Desk second shift responsibilities that get assigned nightly but qualify as the first time they get it they should be FCR.

How can first shift give an interaction to second shift and it still be qualify in Service Manager as a First Call Resolution?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
John Stagaman_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: FCR Question:

Jump to solution
By definition, that is NOT first call resolution.
--if the call is ended, and the problem is not resolved at that time, you do not have FCR.

Instead, you have "Resolved at First Level" which is a completely different metric.
--The normal approach is to have the ServiceDesk escalate the ticket to an interaction assigned to the ServiceDesk(second shift).
--The work is resolved at the incident level.
--For any ticket where the closing assignment group is ServiceDesk and the reassignment count is 0, you know that no other group worked the ticket and can capture it as "Resoved at first level".
0 Likes
4 Replies
John Stagaman_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
By definition, that is NOT first call resolution.
--if the call is ended, and the problem is not resolved at that time, you do not have FCR.

Instead, you have "Resolved at First Level" which is a completely different metric.
--The normal approach is to have the ServiceDesk escalate the ticket to an interaction assigned to the ServiceDesk(second shift).
--The work is resolved at the incident level.
--For any ticket where the closing assignment group is ServiceDesk and the reassignment count is 0, you know that no other group worked the ticket and can capture it as "Resoved at first level".
0 Likes
Pankaj Katoch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Adam,

By default, Interaction should go to Service desk first. They should categorize it and decide the priority and then create a incident if needed. FCR refer to Incident not interaction.

Regards,
Pankaj
0 Likes
Adam Coop Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Sometimes terminology in the application versus terminology outside of the application conflict and I was missing that.

Thanks John.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a question on FCR calucluation in HP Service Manager.

After pulling the records in HP Service Manager I will take the count of the table "Solved By L1 " table equal to true as FCR and False as not FCR.

However, I have some records where it is showing blank also FCR as there is no related record and solved by L1.

Is there any flaw in HPSM settings or we need to ignore this blank records to calculate the FCR.

These records with blank are quite huge and it is not possible to check each and every record manually.

Hence I need your experts to help to solve this puzzle.

Regards,

Anil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.