Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Field Length issue

Jump to solution

Hi All,

In Incident form while trying to close it, i am getting the below mentioned error.

"Length (40 bytes) of data for field closed.group in problem exceeds max (30 bytes), truncated (im.addpage,rupdate.page.next)"

So, I have increaded the size in dbdict-->probsummary-->closed.group field (Varchar(60) to Varchar(140))

Also I have restarted the SM after doing the changes. But still i am facing the same issue. please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance ,

Regards,Shalini R

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Field Length issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

In addition to the 'probsummary' table, the 'problem' table can also be used (I think when paging is used), so that is probably the dbdict where you need to change the field length.

Audrey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In addition to the 'probsummary' table, the 'problem' table can also be used (I think when paging is used), so that is probably the dbdict where you need to change the field length.

Audrey

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Same issue with Reqeust Management,

Here I changed company field from 60 to 255 on ocmq table, but still am getting same length error message

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

The error message should give you the field and table:

- "data for field closed.group in problem exceeds max"...

Make sure that everywhere you've used the field Company is the same size (from the database, to every table you expect to transfer that data).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

just go to problem table in system definition and change lenght of need field to, better, 50. save and resave data. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.