Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Field level access to operator on the Incident form

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We have configured three different incident workflows for three different operation centers.

We have created three security groups and assigned respective operation center users and made changes to the links to enable search option to search their respective operation center TTs not others.

In the incident management profiles of all operation centers we have enabled 'always' update option.

If one operation center user knows the TT of other operation centers TT number he can search and update the TT.

Now the requirement is if one operation center users trys to update the other operation centers TT, he should be only able to access the 'status' and 'activity update section' of incident update form and rest all fields should be read only.

Note: we cann't give when assigned option in the incident management profile, since in my customer environment only assignment group is aaccountable for any Incident TT, so that any opeator from the group can update the TT .

forms are different for each operation center.

Please advise me on achieving the requirement.

Thanks in advance,

VND

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for your heads up!!!!

Form level configurations we have done and it is working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You could use the readonly condition of the form so, you can limit which fields are available for each scenario. 

1- You could build a new variable to save the operation center of the operator when he/shes logins

2- In the read only condition you could compare the current value of the operation center field (from the IM TT displayed) againts the variable you built. ejm [operationcenter]=$G.operator.center or something like that

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

You can use the read only condition in form designer to accomplish the task.

1)Intiate a local variable in form level format control and make the variable true or false depending on the user profile.

and use the local field in the readonly condition.

if(profile="operation center") then ($localvariable=true)else  ...

but in this way you have to use the read only condition in all the fileds.

2)you can use input condition from the "states" to accomplish the task

go to command line type db and in file table type "states".

thannks

jagabanndhu

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

in this case do i need to write read only condition for each field on the form or we can set readonly condition on form level design. i am not sure if we have option to set at form level.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

can you please give some idea what kind of input conditions i can give in States record.

If i put false it would be read only in all cases.

Thanks in advance!!

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Jagabandhu,

Thanks a lot for your input.

I have used following option.

2)you can use input condition from the "states" to accomplish the task

go to command line type db and in file table type "states".

and now one operation center TT is  read only for another operation center operator. 

Now the only challenge is how can i give access to other operation center operator on selected fields.

I have used read only condition but still it is not working.

Thanks,

VND 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for your heads up!!!!

Form level configurations we have done and it is working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.