New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Field value is not displaying in Virtual Join

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am facing the issue while trying to display a field value in VJ in change module.

In approval tab ->current approvals virtual join I am trying to fetch one more field but it is not displaying at all.I am having customized field operatorfname of type array and want to display it.But it is blank always.This is filling using calulation in approval FC and saving value successfully.I can see it in approval.g form (which is customized same is trying to do for this VJ)

I am able to fetch any other array type field but not this one.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
HI All,

I am using same queries as that of Approval FC in cm3r FC too.

Thanks Audrey and Vadim for you help!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello.

You are trying to display array field data inside one cell? Think it is not vj issue as you are specifying in vj form real field name as input.

This will be the problem of data  type display and not problem with VJ.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks for reply Vadim.
But it is correctly showing data in approval.g form which is having same property as my VJ form.
And I am able to display current.pending.groups field which is array type but not my customized field operatorfname.

regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

This may seem like a stupid question, but are you sure your input property was saved when you updated your Approval.vj.g form with the new column?  I know that when you add a new column to a form, you sometimes have to save the column first and then go back into the form and add the input property for the column and save it again.

Audrey

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Audrey,

I tried it too,but no success.I am able to get other fields values without any problem , even  for array type but the issue is only for the operatorfname field.

Any other suggestion.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Can you also verify that this field is not empty in the Approval record? A bit confused about what can be the problem.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi vadim,

It is capturing perfectly in approval record.

PFA for screenshot.

regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Any one having any idea/suggestion.

thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Btw have you tried to restart the service?

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes, Vadim I restarted the services but no luck. 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

I notice your column doesn't have a Name property.  I'm not sure if it would have any effect, but it sometime does for other types of field objects on a form, so it's worth trying to populate it.  In my environment, all my Name properties are populated, all my Button ID properties are 0, and all Clickable Title properties are unchecked.

Audrey

Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Also.....are you sure the field is actually populated at the point that the Approval.vj.g form is displayed?  Perhaps the double click event used to actually display the Approval record is what populates it.  What did you add to your Approval formatctrl to populate this field?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.