New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Field value is not displaying in Virtual Join

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am facing the issue while trying to display a field value in VJ in change module.

In approval tab ->current approvals virtual join I am trying to fetch one more field but it is not displaying at all.I am having customized field operatorfname of type array and want to display it.But it is blank always.This is filling using calulation in approval FC and saving value successfully.I can see it in approval.g form (which is customized same is trying to do for this VJ)

I am able to fetch any other array type field but not this one.

Regards,

0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Audrey,

Yes you are right in second post,I am making mistake here(so foolish).In approval FC, condition is use for display only so I modified it for add and update also.However it seems to work but not perfectly.It is displaying name but not for all CR,I will test it more rigorously and will update you.

Thanks for help. 🙂

Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Aurrey was right and now I want to show operatorfull name in form using VJ only from approval table but issue is :
operatorfname is saving only when manually saving the approval record so that Approval FC would be called.So I want to do it automatically when approvals are generated for a CR.

or any other solution will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
HI All,

I am using same queries as that of Approval FC in cm3r FC too.

Thanks Audrey and Vadim for you help!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I made just array variable and table in Form to display the operatorfullname.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

I was going to suggest adding your operatorfullname field to the ApprovalDef file, so it could be defined there and therefore captured along with the group names, but it seems you found another solution that worked for you..congrats.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Audrey,
I used the solution as told in my earlier post but I also keen to know your suggestion.
How it would save and fetch the operatorfullname from ApprovalDef ?

regards,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.