Absent Member.
Absent Member.

File records in Format Control

I am adding a new module to my system called PACR. In this module I am adding activity records. I was able to add activity records to Configuration Management doing a javascript comparison between $file and $file0 inside format control. However in the new module PACR the $file0 is full of null values. I checked "Save Copy" in format control but the record's($file0) properties are all null values.

Is there a place the $file0 is being assigned values in other module Format Controls or is there a location the value should be assigned like in other modules?

0 Likes
16 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using the list process on the Object Record not in the states. I believe the book was made for 7.x of SM and that's why it's not working the way it was defined. This is why it probably doesnt make sense since I threw in alternatives from different sources of help like forum postings, HP's Help Contents, etc.

Using se.base.method in a process throws an error in my new module. Screenshot attached.

I assume this error is because it's not "save" it's "add" because "save" works with this method but not when the record is being added.

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me. I know you have a very solid understanding of the HP system and I really do appreciate the guidance you have offered so please let me know if what I'm saying is not correct.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

The error on the screen shot might be related to the process records involved do not account for different add modes that $L.mode may be set to. 

Check this => In the Process record, change this part of any condition that includes $L.mode~="add" to: $L.mode~#"add". Hope this helps.

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm still not sure why you're calling se.list.engine Process.  Even in 7.11 (or 7.x at all) you shouldn't even need to do it in the State record.  You will need to define a State record to use for the list state in the Object record, but you shouldn't need it in the State record itself, nor in a Process record off that state.  Maybe it would make more sense if I did pick up the book.

In your case, you're right; that error is because you're calling the 'update' value in the 'prompt' parameter from the se.base.method, and you're trying to insert a record; the sample code was from the 'save' vs the 'add'.  My code for the 'add' is the same, but uses 'add' as the prompt, instead of 'update'.

That does mean that there is an "add" button and a "save" button (one calls the customized add Process and one calls the customized save Process) but I have the conditions set in the displayoption condition value so that only one appears, depending on if the record is a new record or one being updated.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally I was using se.search.engine not se.list.engine. I'm using the book for most of the modules definition but not in this case. The problem was the book defined to use se.search.engine(or was it se.view.engine?) and the system was throwing out a blank qbe after adding a new record.

I think the idea of the book was to define your own Processes and States so you can add the records in a specific manner.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another reason why we have defined a completely seperate module is the need for an Object in which is specific to the module for a new parent Format Control and other views display screens. I suppose this could be accounted for in a format control specific to the format for an item using DEFAULT object?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.