Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Filling in "Open New Incident" form and opening new incident without using web services API?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Assuming I have a program that extracts data from the SIEM, how can I parse that data into HPSM "Open New Incident" form and create a new incident? Is there any methods that are viable without using the web services API or HP integration system?

What I wish to achieve here is for the program to input the extracted data automatically into HPSM incident form.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Filling in "Open New Incident" form and opening new incident without using web servic

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are trying to create a new incident from telephony, try the DDE.

1. login your hpe sm with following URL on firefox:

http://localhost:8080/webtier/index.do?telephonyuser=1&ddeserver=HP_Service_Manager

1.1 you may asked to enable java and install jcinst.exe when you first time enable DDE, just do it.

2. Create a new word document, click View -> Marcos, put name as ReceiveInteraction

3. put the script as 

Sub ReceiveInteraction()
channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")
DDEExecute channel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Caller Name"", ""BROWN, NICHOLAS"",, ""Category Type"",""enquiry"" )]"
DDETerminate channel
End Sub

4. click run. and then a new interaction shall be opened in the firefox.

You can find more details at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/smhelpcenter/smhelp941/codeless/index.html#integrations/dynamic_data_exchange/concepts/dynamic_data_exchange.htm%3FTocPath%3DSystem%2520Administration%7CIntegrations%7CService%2520Manager%2520integration%2520methods%2520and%2520tools%7CDynamic%2520Data%2520Exchange%2520(DDE)%7C_____0

Thanks,

Ling-yan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Filling in "Open New Incident" form and opening new incident without using web servic

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are trying to create a new incident from telephony, try the DDE.

http://localhost:8080/webtier/index.do?telephonyuser=1&ddeserver=HP_Service_Manager

1.1 you may asked to enable java and install jcinst.exe when you first time enable DDE, just do it.

2. Create a new word document, click View -> Marcos, put name as ReceiveInteraction

3. put the script as 

Sub ReceiveInteraction()
channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")
DDEExecute channel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Caller Name"", ""BROWN, NICHOLAS"",, ""Category Type"",""enquiry"" )]"
DDETerminate channel
End Sub

You can find more details at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/smhelpcenter/smhelp941/codeless/index.html#integrations/dynamic_data_exchange/concepts/dynamic_data_exchange.htm%3FTocPath%3DSystem%2520Administration%7CIntegrations%7CService%2520Manager%2520integration%2520methods%2520and%2520tools%7CDynamic%2520Data%2520Exchange%2520(DDE)%7C_____0

Thanks,

Ling-yan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the advice.

For the transact execute function, do you know if there a is list where I can refer which number belong to which button/function key?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Glad to help.

And for the transact execute function, the button id is the id defined in document engine display option.

However, for web client, transact and setfocus are not supported for now.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E131622

Regards,

Ling-Yan

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ling-Yan,

Appreciate your help.

Since transact and setfocus are not supported..am I able to accomplish my initial objective (Open new incident page and fill in details) with DDE poke?

Something like..

channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")      //This opens up new incident page right?

DDEPoke Channel, "Title", "Title of the incident" // Fill up the title field

DDEPoke Channel, "Contact ID", "My UserName" // Fill up Conact ID field

DDEPoke Channel, "Service Recipient ID", "Recipient UserName" //Fill up Service Recipient ID field

DDEPoke Channel, "Description", "Description of the incident" //Fill up the description field

Will this work? So sorry I am only able to theorycraft at this moment as Telephony has not yet been set up in my organisation.

Thanks alot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

You do not need to the telephony system to test the DDE connection. Using word VB script can do the trick.

For your specific request, you can:

2. edit your configuration of "pmtapi" file like below:

SNAG- 5-4-2016 9.34.27 AM MENGL7.png

3. Create a new word document, click View -> Marcos, put name as ReceiveInteraction

3. put the script as 

Sub ReceiveInteraction()
Channel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "ActiveForm")
DDEExecute Channel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Contact ID"", ""AARON, JIM"", ""Serice Recipient ID"", ""ALLICSON, ROBIN"", ""Title"",""how to solve the prolem"",""Description"",""description of the ticket"" )]"
DDETerminate Channel
End Sub

SNAG- 5-4-2016 9.37.22 AM MENGL7.png

SNAG- 5-4-2016 9.38.18 AM MENGL7.png

Thanks,
Ling-Yan
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.