Highlighted
Visitor.

Filter CIs by owner

Guys,

I want to create a new comfill filed own.cis in probsummary table and add it to the im.incident.subform.main.

By pressing the fill button of own.cis it should only visualize the CIs that are assigned to the person who opened the incident ticket (operator.id).

Also there is the out-of-the-box field there - logical.name whici is visualizing ALL CIs. Two fields should NOT have any relation (independant from one anohter).

I tried several ways to achieve that through link records but I would appreciate your comments around this.

Many thanks in advance.

BR,
FG

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Filter CIs by owner

Can someone suggest a clean solution of the below ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you show us a screen shot of the details of your current own.cis row in your link record?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OOB, the ownership of CIs is based on contact.name, not operator.id (device table field contact.name).

If you've use the OOB field to assign ownership, you would need  to retrieve the associated contact.name for the operator (either using a recursive fill and require the user to execute a fill to see the list of assigned records or via a query run on display and use that as the input to the virtual join to display a list of assigned CIs. Normally you would want the list of CIs assigned to the service recipient of the ticket, which would be the contact.name in the incident.

I don't believe you can alter the CI Visualization functionality to visualize CIs based on ownership.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.