Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Norita Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Find button in SM 9.34

Jump to solution

Hello,  in SM 7.02  (I attach an image) I have the Find Button that allowed to find more information about a value

For exampe (as seen in the attached image), On an Incident register with the cursor on contact.name field, when I click the "Find" (button), the related contact register is shown on a new window.

¿is there the same behaviour on SM 9.34? In my custom SM 9.34 the Find button doesn't appears.

Best Regards

Good questions will have Good answers
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Find button in SM 9.34

Jump to solution

The actual Find/Fill funcitonality has not changed. The change was the removal of the find and fill options from the toolbar, but the base functionality is identical. It can be invoked with keyboard shortcuts or form objects.

If a link is defined for the field, you can execute a find. In the Windows Client, F8 executes a find, F9 executes a fill. In web, I believe the equivalent commands are Alt+F8 and Alt+F9 (you can check the SM Help for the exact command).

Note that if you replace the text box object on the form with a ComFill object, you can display a find button right on the form object for the field. That would make it more easily discoveralble for users. You could also configure a hover form for the field, which would display without having to execute the Find action. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
2 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Norita,

hope you are doing fine.

From 7.02 to 9.34 there was lot of changes, to see all the changes you must review the release notes for 9.34. otherwise, it is correct, SM 9.34 doesn't have that functionality, in addition 7.02 is out of scope nowadays.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The actual Find/Fill funcitonality has not changed. The change was the removal of the find and fill options from the toolbar, but the base functionality is identical. It can be invoked with keyboard shortcuts or form objects.

If a link is defined for the field, you can execute a find. In the Windows Client, F8 executes a find, F9 executes a fill. In web, I believe the equivalent commands are Alt+F8 and Alt+F9 (you can check the SM Help for the exact command).

Note that if you replace the text box object on the form with a ComFill object, you can display a find button right on the form object for the field. That would make it more easily discoveralble for users. You could also configure a hover form for the field, which would display without having to execute the Find action. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.