Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Flow of an email notification

Hi Experts,

Could anyone please tell me how an email notification will get trigger to a user.

I just want to know the flow, when we do any update to a incident in SM.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Depends on how the notification is configured on your system.

For example, I have on the desired event specified in the triggers run scripts for the formation and sending of email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thank you for the replay.

Suppose a user is updating an IM and we have a notification condition which will trigger the update to that IM's originator.

So while clicking on the save & exit button, the notification will get executed first right.

Could you please tell me how the data will flow till triggering the mail to originator.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Can you elaborate more on your query?... "Could you please tell me how the data will flow till triggering the mail to originator."

on the other hand. If a user clicks on save&Exit and if a condition is satisfied from .. Ruleset(sending email) or Notification Table, that you have configured,  then it will send the specific mail to the defined user. Email records are recorded in eventout table with a sequence number that are counted before it will be forwarded outside of SM to an exchange server and to the user mailbox.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.