Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Folder Entitlements, Interactions NOT Closing when Folder is Set to One Specific Value...

Good Evening Experts, 

I am having an isolated issue when selecting a particular folder in my system.  

Expected Behavior when Folder is NULL

(1)  The interaction is escalated to an incident

(2)  When the incident is closed and the user selects "Yes" to "This incident has X associated open interaction(s).  Force them closed? 

(3)  The interaction goes from a status of "Open - Idle" to status "Closed"

Behavior that is not expected when Folder is "ValueX"

(1)  The interaction is escalated to an incident

(2)  When the incident is closed and the user selects "Yes" to "This incident has X associated open interaction(s).  Force them closed? The user is given the message that all related interactions will be closed. 

(3)  When you check the status of the interaction it is still sitting in the status of "Open - Idle".  This is not the behavior that is expected. When I check the msglog, I find the following message (only on those where folder = ValueX)

Operator: linker

Class: application error

Device: SYSTEM

Message Text: Unrecoverable error in application: apm.start.linked.close on panel select.probsummary

Verified that this message is also written to the sm.log.  When I was retracing the events in the sm.log, I did find where the log stated that the interaction had been updated, but not closed.  

Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly apprecited. 

Thanks, 

StevenB

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Folder Entitlements, Interactions NOT Closing when Folder is Set to One Specific Value...

One additional note that I noticed was that previously the field CALLBACK_TYPE was being populated with "E-Mail" now that the system has been upgraded it is being populated with "no E-mail".  The ones without a folder selected are being populate with "E-Mail".  Thought I would add this caveat to the post as well.  It may or may not be related or relevant. 

Thanks in Advance, 

StevenB

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.