Absent Member.. d_m_k Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Form name of Export page?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I wanted to modify the export page coming when i tried to export RFC's\Incidents. Seems it is a dialog and wanted to know the form name so that i can cutomize as per my need. Can any one help how to know the form name of the export page.? Actually i wanted to modify the buttons coming on the export page with more user friendly. Please find the attached screen of the form.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Form name of Export page?

Jump to solution

Thank you Jacob, worked fine for me.

Regards,

dmk

0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Modifying the form is simple.  You most likely want ask.export.g, though it may be ask.export or ask.export.excel, depending on your function.

Modifying the functionality is a different matter.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Jacob,

thanks for sharing the form name, by default 'tab' radio button is selected for delimeter option, how can we change to make other as default selected other than 'tab' option?

Regards,

dmk

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

So, if you look at the displayoption record 'apm.edit.problem_do nothing_19' (which should be the button in the Incident Management module for the Export to Text', you'll notice on the RAD tab, it calls the us.dump.delimited RAD Application, passing in the following parameters - record, name, cond.input.

But, if you look at the us.dump.delimited RAD application, one of the parameters you can pass in a 'string1' parameter, which controls the default delimiter passed in.

So, if you modify that displayoption and pass in your preference (i.e. 'comma'), you can set the default that way.  But, you'd have to do that at each displayoption record that calls the Export to Text.

So, make the following modifications to the 'apm.edit.problem_do nothing_19' displayoption record.

In the Pre Rad Expression, add the following line: $L.delimiter="comma"

In the RAD tab, add the following to the Names | Values: 
Names: string1 | Values: $L.delimiter

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you Jacob, worked fine for me.

Regards,

dmk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.