Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Format Read only condition - Based on logged in user

I am attempting to lock a field down based on the logged in user (whether they are the assignee or not)

Background: the request tasks module is set to allow edits to the form (based on process designer workflow conditions) to members of the assignment group. This works fine, however other areas (like updates, status etc) can be edited without the task being assigned to the logged in user.

The assignment group members still need to be able to update the assigned.to field, but I need to lock the status field down when it isn't assigned to them. This seems like it should work, but it does not:

[assigned.to]<>$lo.user.name

[assigned.to]<>"{specific username}" works, as does [assigned.to]<>null, so I can only assume for some reason it is not evaluating the specific variable. I did also try 'operator()' but I had no success there either.

This is a 9.41 process designer hybrid system, (though the module I am working in is a PD enabled module)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Format Read only condition - Based on logged in user

Hello Eric,

Where are you trying put this condition? Did you check the user roles in the change task rights.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Are you working on Process Designer or just putting condition into format designer? In this last case (fd) you have to use brakcets also for variables: [assigned.to]<>[$lo.user.name]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello Eric,

There are some bugs in the parse of the Read-Only condition. I did some tests in a 9.4 environment and no matter how you set the condition when HPSM parse he considers the second part always as a string value (img attached).

So, create a variable ($roAssign), set it in a RuleSet and use it in your read-only condition.

Best regards,

Breno Abreu

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.