Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Format control validation

Jump to solution

Hi experts.

I have fields "priority" and "importance".

Values are stored in global lists $G.prior under values:

now I have in incident management format control give a validation that there is no possibility tu put other values than this which are stored in global list. So there should be no possibility to save new incident, or update existing if in any case somebody or somewhow there will be values for example 5.

So I figure out some comparision curent value to the global list value.

So I want to use function index

index("priority",$G.prior)>0

Where tu put this validation or how it should look like ? In add,update,delete ? in which conditions ?

how to bite it ? please help.

Best regards

dom.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Format control validation

Jump to solution

Hi Dom,

Then in that case you can try giving your condition (index("priority",$G.prior)>0) in the Add and Update column of the format control.

Add column: you give the condition in add column when you want the validation to work on the first ckick of the Save button( i.e, when you first time save the form)

Update Column: conditions are given in update column wn=hen you want the validations to work on the thereafter, i.e when you update the recods on the form by clicking on the Save button again and again.

Delete Column: you give the condition on the delete button when you want the validation to work on the Close Phase button

Initial Column: As soon the page gets load it throws the validation error if you give the condition in the Delete column.

Regards,

Anjali 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Instead of having this way you can put a dropdown instead of the text box . The dropdown will show the value of the said Global list and hence the requirement of the validation will no longer be required. 🙂

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi.

Not possible unfortunatelly. The fieds must be the same as they are.

I still need to validate it via FC.

Any clues how it can be properly put in to validation ?

Best Regards

Dom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Dom,

Then in that case you can try giving your condition (index("priority",$G.prior)>0) in the Add and Update column of the format control.

Add column: you give the condition in add column when you want the validation to work on the first ckick of the Save button( i.e, when you first time save the form)

Update Column: conditions are given in update column wn=hen you want the validations to work on the thereafter, i.e when you update the recods on the form by clicking on the Save button again and again.

Delete Column: you give the condition on the delete button when you want the validation to work on the Close Phase button

Initial Column: As soon the page gets load it throws the validation error if you give the condition in the Delete column.

Regards,

Anjali 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

thank you 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.