Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Getting error while logging through trusted sign on via windows client

Hello Experts,

I am trying to connect SSL via windows client of HP Service Manager.

I am getting attached error..I am unable to login into SM via trusted sign on option.

I am getting below error in log files...also screenshot attached.

JRTE E No SSL certificate was presented by the peer!
6008( 7096) 11/05/2015 11:36:45 JRTE W Send error response: Client Authentication failed.

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Getting error while logging through trusted sign on via windows client

This error usually indicates the client SSL certificate is incorrect in some way. Is the WIndows Client configured to use the client SSL certificate? If so was the client SSL certifficate signed by same root CA as the server  certificate?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Expert,

Thanks for your valid response. Windows client has configured with cacerts and client(FQDN).keystore

Yes, client certificates has been generated in the same server where server certificate generated.

I have generated server and windows client and web client certficates from SM application server only.

Please suggest what I am doing wrong.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Go to the sm.ini and set the ssl_clientRequestAuth to 0

ssl_clientRequestAuth:0

Stop/restart Service Manager

Test SSL login to Service Manager with the eclipse client

Does it work? If so then go to the next step. If not then your server certificates are not working

Set ssl_clientRequestAuth to 1

ssl_clientRequestAuth:1

Stop/restart Service Manager

Does it work? If so go to the next step. If not then the problem is with the client SSL certificate

Set ssl_clientRequestAuth 2

ssl_clientRequestAuth:2

Stop/Restart Service Manager

Login to Service Manager with eclipse client

Does it fail? If so then the problem is with the trustedclients.keystore on the server. More than likely the client certificate was not imported to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Experts,

Thanks for your reply. I will get back to you soon.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Experts,

I have tried with your options...still I am unable to login via windows client...when I set the parameter to 0, den again I am getting same error.  As you told it may be server certificate issue, so I have regenerated and tried again but result is same I got again.

For creating certificates I am giving the  java_home path in server and client batch files before run from command prompt as:  java installation folder C:\Program Files\Java\jdk 1.7.0.75\jre ...  is this the right path?

Please suggest.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you're getting SSL errors when the setting is at 0 then the server certificates are incorrect. When you created the self signed certificates did you encounter any errors? Which batch files are you referring to? Over time I know that a few consultants have created and published their own batch files to make certificate generation easier, but they'er not the 'end all' perfect toolset if something is not quite right on the system being used to create the certs. 

First thing I would like to know is if you get an error when creating the server keystore and truststore. 

If you add debughttp:1 to the sm.ini file and attempt to login what do you see in the sm.log file? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you turn on the debugging parameters and run through the steps? As I mentioned, if it fails when the ssl parameter is set to 0 then the server certificates are not correct. The method of generating SSL certificates are not unqiue to Service Manager.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.