Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kumardhm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Global Lists in Service Manager 9.4 are not getting updated automatically

Hi All,

In our Service Manager 9.4 after an upgrade from SM9.3 to SM9.4, if any changes are happening at the areas like addition\modification\deletion of Change Phases we are doing in change module are not getting updated automatically in global list of "cm3rcatphase".

Similarly what ever the changes we are doing under Incident Assignments groups are also not getting updated in global lists "assignment.groups" & "Assignment Groups".

Seeing the same issue for other Global lists also not getting updated automatically after an upgrade of 9.4, and still having the list values of OOB.

Please if any one knows how to handle this issue and take care of global lists to get update automatically, please share the resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kumar

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. mcoyle Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Global Lists in Service Manager 9.4 are not getting updated automatically

Hi Kumar

In general, if you are facing problems with global lists, you need to check if the lister process is running - it will be in your schedule with name "List Runner".

Regards

Matt

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The default query of the Startup Lists global list was revised in the 9.40 build to exclude most lists to improve login performance (the new filter is so restrictive that only two or three lists were set at Startup). However, I had the same problem with lists and couldn't seem to get it resolved. I updated the query to: 

build.startup<>false and user.defined<>true

Which seems to have helped, but may also have a performance impact at login.

Even then it seems like a new global list won't generate correctly when I test, then I wander off and it oddly is correctly generated when I check a couple days later. It's so fun.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
kumardhm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

I could see lister is running fine, but still the gl's are not gettin updated.

Thanks 

Kumar

0 Likes
Absent Member..

@John Stagaman wrote:

The default query of the Startup Lists global list was revised in the 9.40 build to exclude most lists to improve login performance (the new filter is so restrictive that only two or three lists were set at Startup). However, I had the same problem with lists and couldn't seem to get it resolved. I updated the query to: 

build.startup<>false and user.defined<>true

Which seems to have helped, but may also have a performance impact at login.

Even then it seems like a new global list won't generate correctly when I test, then I wander off and it oddly is correctly generated when I check a couple days later. It's so fun.

That's my experience too (except for the "fun" bit - I didn't get that at all lol).  It's strangely pleasing to hear when others have the same feeling that they aren't quite in control.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Kumar

If the root cause isn't something to do with what John has said, whereby global lists are sometimes "delayed" in updating, you will have to provide us with additional information i.e. 

1.  Which area of the system / form / field are you looking at where the list is not correct?

2.  Have you made any changes to global list definitions / limiting query?

Sometimes the forms are referencing a different global list to the one you think or not referencing a global list at all.  To prove this, use the RAD debugger to check the contents of the global variable directly - if it's showing the correct list, then you can rule out the global list as the problem.  

Regards

Matt

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.