Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Global Lists in Service Manager

Hi All, Please let me know whether Global List's values can be changed automatically in Service Manager tool. Talking about Value List and Display List. If Yes, Then how to solve this issue. Regards, Rohan
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm not sure what the confusion is; all this is documented in the Help of HPSM...

If you type 'gl' in the command window, you'll be taken to the Global Lists.  In the global list record, you can modify the contents of the list, or, for those lists that are generated based on queries in against a table, modify the query to return different results.

After you update the list, you need to expire and then regenerate the list.  Set the Expiration value to some time in the past, and then, in the command window, type '*aapm.server.initer'

This will rebuild any list with an expiration in the past.  

The next time a user logs in, they will get a copy of the updated list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But my concern is something else. In our environment we have a Global List "Closure Code". Whose Value List and Global List got changed to NULL automatically. I just wanted to know how it got changed automatically. Regards, Rohan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Well, is that Global List pulling from a table?  For example, in your 'Closure Code' golballist definition record, is there a value in the Filename and Limiting SQL fields?  If so that, means that HPSM is performing a query against the table in the 'Filename' field using the query in the 'Limiting SQL' field to generate your list.  If the values in that table changed, then the values in the global list would reflect that change the next time the global list is rebuilt.

Alternatively, if someone updated the global list to modify the query, or to remove the table it's querying against, then the system wouldn't have any values to use to populate your list.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes my global list is pointing to table "probcause". But "probcause" table does not contain any NULL value. But the value list and display list of the global list changes to NULL.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sometimes debugging someone else's issue is easier if we can see it.

Can you attach a screenshot of the global list record that is returning NULL for you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I had attached the screenshot of Global List. When i am updating the filename as probcause that time the values are becoming NULL. So i had removed the filename value from the global list.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

No post of this thread includes an attachment with a screen capture of the global list, so it didn't save correctly if you previously tried to attach it. You don't even need to attach it, you can just insert an impage directly. But without being able to look at the global list record, it's pretty hard to help.

Here is the out of box Global List from 9.40: 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.