Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Global list value is not displaying correctly in web

I have created two global lists and assign the list variables to one dbdict field. 

On Condition-A, the Global list A will be displayed and one condition-B, the Global list B will be displayed on the field value. This is working fine on windows client, but in web client it is only displaying the Global list A irrespective of the conditions. Is this a defect or am I missing something here. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Global list value is not displaying correctly in web

This is more likly defect as you told. But can you display this conditions i think they are in FD ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Yes the condition is written in the FD. I have 2 overlapping field Text with same input value but different GLs and Different visible conditions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

And this visible conditions is...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

The condition A is : [abc.service.category]#"ABCD" & [abc.service.category] <> "ABCD Efgh"

Condition B is :  indexOf( "ABDC", [abc.service.category])<>0 ||  [abc.service.category]="ABCD Efgh"

This works fine in Windows client, but in webclient it is always defaulting to condition-B. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Condition B is indexOf( "ABDC", [abc.service.category])<>0 is that right ?

(Condition A contains ABCD)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Sorry.. Consider it a typo.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What combinations of values can be in this field ?

For example let's take next variants for value:

1) Value is "ABCD"

Conditions:

A - true

B - true 

2) Value is "ABCD Efgh"

Conditions:

A - false

B - true

3) Value is "XYZ"

Conditions:

A - false

B - false

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Alarmus,

As I stated earlier, the conditions are taking to an effect as expected only when we make the transaction in Windows client. But in webclient the condition B is true and Cond A is false on all scenarios. 

I am not sure why Web and windows clients are behaving in a different fashion.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you check both conditions in RAD debugger ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Yes, checked..And to me it behaved as expected and conditions are getting either true or false on the conditions as per expectation. I am checking more.. May be I need to have a variable declared and use that variable on the field properties on FD. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

When you use the web client ess-portal global variable $ G.ess is true. Perhaps your variables that you use in conditions have different meanings for win and web client. I know many examples when the same variable takes different values depending on the type of client.
It is also possible that a different form is used for display in the web client.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.