Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Global variable disappears after I shutdown Service Manager

Hello.

For some reason, after I shutdown the client, the global variable content disappears.

I created a global variable, placed a drop down box on a form. After the correct parameters, the global variable was still NULL, so I rebuilt it using the Rebuilt command.

After rebuilding, the contents show correctly and the variable contains the information, but after disconnecting and connecting the variable shows NULL again.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Global variable disappears after I shutdown Service Manager

Hi,

Can I assume that you mean that you created a Global List?  Did you put a tick mark in 'Build List on Startup'?  Can you attach a print screen of the configuration of your Global List?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hey. Yes I meant Global List, I put the tick mark "Build List on Startup", I have rebuilt it, I have also killed and restarted the lister.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you run the *aapm.server.initer  from the command field after creating your new global list?  I just checked, and there is another list that needs to be rebuilt to contain your new global list (Startup Lists).

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello. Yes I did, I also did the same for the global.initer, it still disppears after shutting down.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Is your global list referencing an OOB file?  Can you attach a screen shot of it?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Capture.PNGHello. The Global List is referencing the cm3r table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I find your GL configurationnconfusing, it says the filename is 'catalogconfig' not 'cm3r'.  You said your global list was referencing the cm3r table.  Is 'catalogconfig' a custom file?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hey. Yes, sorry, I got extremly confused. It is a custom file. I need to create a global list with the contents of the custom file so I can use somewhere else. And I got it to work, until I shutdown the SM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI,

I've been assuming that when you say "until I shutdown the SM", you mean that you logout and log back in again, is that correct?

I configured a GL similar to yours, against a custom file of mine, and had no problems.  I change the expiration to a date in the past, ran the *aapm.global.initer command, and both the Value List and Display list at the bottom of the screen became populated with the expected values from my file.  When I logged out and logged back in again they were still populated.  In your situation are they populated after you follow the same steps and then not populated when you log out and then log back in again?  If so, I can't think of a reason it would not work.  Is your List Variable/Display Variable definitely unique to your environment?  Your screen shot doesn't show the bottom of the GL, but can I assume that you do not have a tick mark in either 'Use Localized Values?' or 'User Defined List?'?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi.

I reproduced everything you said and still when I shutdown the global list becomes NULL.  Both the lower boxes are unticked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

in your globallist you have set the "Limiting SQL" = true.
Filename is "catalogconfig".

Can you access table "catalogconfig" and display the records with query true by using Database Manager ?

For me it's not already clear what you mean with "shutdown" - do you logoff and login your operator or do you stop and start SM service ?

Please provide clear Steps-to-Reproduce (STRs) like for example:
1. login SM
2. command db
3. Table: globallists
4. Search
5. List Name : catalog item
6. Search
7. Value List shows some values (I expect this is the case)
Send us a screenshot with Value List and Display List
8. logoff SM
9. login SM and repeat steps 2. to 6.
Current behavior: Value List shows no values (I expect this is the case, send us a screenshot)
Expected behavior: Value List shows some values

Please describe your exact STRs . The above ones should be treated only as an example.

Best regards,
Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.