ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commander
Commander

HP SM 7.11 to 9.30 Upgrade

Hi experts,

I'm going to upgrade my SM 7.11 to SM 9.30.

SM 7.11 is running in Windows server 2k3 and database on another Oracle 10g Server.

In the Compatibility Matrix of SM 9.30. It support only Window Server 2k8 and Oracle 11g.

Do I really have to upgrade my Oracle database and my windows server  before upgrade HP SM or just upgrade SM application only?

Upgrade database from Oracle 10g to 11g is difficult and complicated to me, but I must upgrade SM 7.11 to  9.30 😞

Because I tested upgrade in Windows server 2k3 and Oracle 10g in my Virtual Machine, everything seems to be OK.

I tested install new SM 9.30 in windows server 2k3 and Oracle 10g (Compatibility Matrix from HP says it doesn't support this environment) and everything seems to be OK.

Please give me some advices do I really have to upgrade windows server and Oracle database?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, there

You may upgrade your SM 7.11 to 9.30 with Win2K3 and Oracle 10g database. Compatibility matrix lists most recommended OS/DB/Appliction servers, but not all.

If SM 9.30 new install with win2K3 and Oracle10g works fine, then SM Applicaiton upgrade is also supported in that env. But pls make sure you back up your Oracle10G database before the upgrade in case the roll back due to any blocked issues.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.