lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP SM 9.32 question

Jump to solution

Just upgraded to SM 9.32 over the weekend.

I am trying to locate the table that contains the values for the incident activity tab's Type drop down.

We are seeing duplicate values in the drop down when before the upgrade there was only 1 of each.

I have been unable to locate the place that information is entered or available. I looked through the various activity* tables and none appeared to be it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP SM 9.32 question

Jump to solution
When I looked in the acitivitytype table, I found some additional entries that appeared to have been created by the SM 7 to SM 9 upgrade process that were active. When I deleted the duplicates, the problem was resolved.
Thank you all for your help!
0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.. lisajo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Spoiler

HI

the activity type values are in global list $G.im.activity.type

Hope that helps

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

With the 9.32 release, activity types now are defined using the scmessage table (to support localization) instead of just using a select statement from the activitytype table.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

And I also got a private email telling me that it was the activitytype table, with "probsummary" as the table column.

So are there 3 places we have to fix for this field then?

0 Likes
Highlighted
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
When I looked in the acitivitytype table, I found some additional entries that appeared to have been created by the SM 7 to SM 9 upgrade process that were active. When I deleted the duplicates, the problem was resolved.
Thank you all for your help!
0 Likes
Absent Member.. lisajo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Great news

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Absent Member.. Tong Yan Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Based on your discussion, I wirte a knowledge doc:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00712810

The doc describes how to check form, globallists and table to find out how the values in the drop down come from. Wish this would benefit more people.

Thank you for your contribution 🙂

Yan Tong (Serene)

Cheers 🙂
Yan Tong (Serene), HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution; and give kudo if you like it 🙂
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Yan Tong:

Thanks for the document, but it doesn't quite show how this is done in a 9.32 instance. 9.32 out of box doesn't display the text from the activity.type table in the dropdown/globalist, but instead uses the related scmessages. (Before 9.32, the activity table text was used directly). So there is a need to explain how to update the scmessages to update the activity type list.

If only  a single language is supported, the user can de-select "Use Localized List" and the values from the activity type table will be used. But the out of box behavior requires that scmessages be defined for any new activitytypes. 

Also, the screen shot you used does not show the localization section of the globalist format. I have included a current screen capture from 9.32 to show it. There is also a capture of one of the scmessages used. 

The text of the scmessage is used instead of the text defined in the activity type record--it is assigned based on the activity number (so if you try to resequence the activities by changeing the numbers and add new ones, the messages make it extremely complicated.)

There is no mention of this change in the release notes or help server, so it can be challenging to figure out how to update activity types. Previously, a user could just update the sequence numbers and add new activities from the activitytype table, but with localization, the table+sequence number is mapped to an scmessage. 

So if OOB it had:

probsummary   4    Communicated with Customer

probsummary   5    Communicated with Vendor

AND the customer updated it to be:

probsummary   4    Communicated with Customer

probsummary   5    Communicated with New Thingy

probsummary   6    Communicated with Vendor

--Pre-localization, the new values would display--Yay!

--With the new localized lists,

• the scmessage for probsummary-5 would display, regardess of the text entered in the activtity type record.
  • If no scmessage was defined which corresponded to probsummary-6, that item would not appear in the list of activitytypes.

So you can no longer just directly modify the activitytype table to revise the activities, unless you de-select the localized list option in the global list defintion (which, if you are working on a single language system, could be a perfectly valid solution).

Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi John,

Thank you for the valuable and detail info. I don't have sm9.32 app on hand, so I cannot check it right now. I will check and revise the km a little later.

Cheers 🙂
Yan Tong (Serene)
Cheers 🙂
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution; and give kudo if you like it 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi John,

Have you installed language pack?

I have installed sm9.32 app. But in my globallists, I don't have the part to show the table of Language and DisplayList. I do have those scmessage records as yours.
Cheers 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

No language pack installed, just the base install of an en system. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi John,

After I modify something in the globallists, Save it, then rebuild the global list, I can see the the part to show the table of Language and DisplayList now.

Seems on my system, it works well when I choose "Use Localized Values" in the globallists; but if I uncheck this option, rebuild the global list, the display values become "NULL", I don't know how globallists works with scmessage, I guess I may need to change other fields in the globallists so it can work with this option unchecked.

So I will just use option "Use Localized Values", and will not put more time on this. I modified the KM with a note about option "Use Localized Values".

Thank you for your valuable input 🙂
Cheers 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.