Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HP SM 9.40 | customizing Affected Services, Category, Sub-Category and Area

Hi,

In interaction and incident logging template, i am planning to use the following scenario, I require help in knowing the steps to be followed in doing so. I want Remap & rename the existing HP SM 9.40 fields as following

Existing                                               New

Affected services                            Category

Category                                             Type

Sub-category                                    Item

Area                                                      Summary

once above changes are done, i am also trying to co-relate all the four, i.e. affected services, category, sub-category and area in such way that if we select one of the option inside "affected services", the rest of the fields are appropriately populated, i.e. for example, inside "affected service", if we select one option say "applications", accordingly "category" will get options related to Applications only, and same is for "Sub-Category" and "Area"

hope the above requirements are understood well, please look into and suggest.

thanks and regards

hemant vaswani

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP SM 9.40 | customizing Affected Services, Category, Sub-Category and Area

Hi Hemant,

It seems to be an Enhancement Request, you should raise an ER to the HP Support to meet your requirement.

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

oh, is it so.

What if co-realtion is not done, can i proceed to do the simple drop down options for each of the files in categoet, sub-category and area, may be by using forms designer tool or process designer etc.

kindly advise.

Thanks and regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hemant,

This sounds pretty much like the behavior of Category>Subcategory>Area links behavior.

If i understand your requirement well, you will fill the Affected Service (Category), then, when filling Type, you will get the results depending on the Category selected and the same with the other fields depending on the previous data.

Requirements for the customization:

1. The four tables with the Category, Type, Item and Summary information.

2. four lines in the probsummary link record referencing the four new fields (Category, Type, Item and Summary)

The configuration may be as follow:

1. In the format:

2. In the link:

a. Four lines for each field in the format:

b. for Category line:

c. for type field:

d. for item field:

e. for Summary field:

So, based on those links, my table structure may be as:

The steps above show a general idea of how to do queries in links to bring information based on data filled in the format, so $query variable will contain the criteria for the select in the "File (To/Target)" table.

For instance, if the user fill the category field with "Category1" and press the fill button in Type, the query ran in Types table will be:

Select Name from Types where Category="Category1"

When the Type field is filled, if users press fill in Items, the query ran will be:

Select Name from Items where Category="Category1" and Type="Type1"

When the user fills the Summaries field, the query will be:

Select Name from Summaries where Category="Category1" and Type="Type1" and Item="Item1"

What i would not suggest is to change the fields dbdict mapping but to create new fields. This is because probably this kind of OOB fields are used for integrations and may cause problems in the future if they are not present.

I hope this information helps you to make the customization, use it also with the OOB link record for more details.

Regards,

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

hi,

appreciate the efforts taken to respond, i will chekc the details and revert to you with queries.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.