HemantVaswani Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HP SM | smconfig.log show details of failure | SQL connection verification

hi,

during the HP Installation process, in the last stage where we get the option of "Run the configuration program after installation " the verification fails and i get the details as seen in the attached smconfig.log.

kindly advise what could be the reason for failure of verification process.

thanks and regards

hemant vaswani

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP Service Desk Support and News Forum to HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
5 Replies
Cristina_Ng Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP SM | smconfig.log show details of failure | SQL connection verification

Hi,

I have checked  the log, I found this message that is constantly repeated:  "IM002-0 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified", did  you followed the steps in this order:

1-Create the DB.

2-Create the DB user/Set the proper "roles" to this user.

3- Configure the ODBC connection.

Hope this help you!

0 Likes
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

Cristina is very much correct, you need to create obdc connection first.

If your server OS version Microsoft Server 2005 or higher then use C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\odbccad.exe to create odbc connection. Add system DSN.

Regards,

Abhijit K

0 Likes
yuma_hirokawa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, experts.

I also conflict in similar situation.

After instration of SQL Server in Windows 2012, made db(MSDB) and user(SMadmin) , and installed Service Manager 9.40 . 

I already set Port 1433, made ODBC system DSN(32bit).

Is there any other setting needed?

Regards.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you use the same user/password inODBC and the ODBC return a SUCCESS message??

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
yuma_hirokawa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Enter DBname the same name as ODBCname , then successfully connected! Thank you very much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.