MriPra_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP Service Manager 9.20 License Issue

Hi,

We have implemented HP Service Manager 9.20 on a Virtual Machine(64 bit OS) using a instant on license. The license just expired a couple of days ago.

I have downloaded a 30 day evaluation license from Partners login.

I have replaced the LicFile.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Service Manager 9.20\Server\RUN path.

I get the following error,
3640( 4480) 05/25/2011 18:46:33 JRTE I Setting License Information from the cluster.
3640( 4480) 05/25/2011 18:46:33 JRTE I LicenseData has been updated.
3640( 4480) 05/25/2011 18:46:33 RTE E Invalid License.

Do let me know if there is something new in 9.20 as i have tried everything to bring it up on the eval license.

Thank You,
0 Likes
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Abhishek Srivas Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: HP Service Manager 9.20 License Issue

Hi,

I am not sure how did you find the LicFile in the path mentioned above.

The path should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOvLIC\data

Replace the licence file here and start the services and your purpose will be solved.

Regards
Abhishek
0 Likes
Anil WW439478 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Abhishek,

What I have observed with HPSM 9.20 version the licensce folder is not getting created in the commonfiles folder. The licensce is dirctly created in the RUN folder.
I have confirmed the same on different machinces.
Any other inputs to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Anil
0 Likes
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anil,

I just applied an evaluation license extension to my 9.20 test environment and had no problems. As you did, I replace my existing LicFile.txt in the RUN directory and as per instructions from HP, I made sure the string was removed and replaced by a single carriage return. I don't know what your license string looked like after you downloaded it but HP usually provided a few instructions on how to apply it. Did you get instructions and did you follow them?

Audrey
0 Likes
MriPra_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Audrey,

We follow the same procedure provided by HP to install the evaluation license.

I did remove the string and replaced it by a single carriage return.

Nothing seems to be working this time.

-Mrudula
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.