Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP Service Manager 9.30 webtier

I'm having a problem in deploying the SM 9.30 webtier with the default configurations, any suppport?

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

That's a little vague. You might want to let us know:

OS

Web Application Server & Version

What the actual problem is that you're runnning into

Have you previously installed SM and SM web tier (any other version) successfully?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

What kind of problems? any specific error?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

In recent patches, and in the 9.30 release, the default value for the parameter:
secureLogin
was changed to TRUE.
It requires that SSL be used between the web application server.

If you have not configured SSL, you need to change that parameter to FALSE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

If I set true to false at secureLogin I then get HTTP Status 404 /webtier-9.30/index. In 9.21 it was so simple

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I have the SM 9.30 Web Tier working fine on my localhost Windows 7 x64 with Apache Tomcat 6, then deploy the web tier as normal in recent releases.

Then I make these war file changes and restart Apache Tomcat:

<param-name>serverHost</param-name>

<param-value>localhost</param-value>

<param-name>serverPort</param-name>

<param-value>13930</param-value>secureLogin

<param-name>secureLogin</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

Hope this helps!

- Gary Hughes
gary@garyhughesconsulting.com
http://www.garyhughesconsulting.com
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Are you using Toimcat7?

The process to install webtier for 9.30 is EXACTLY the same as it was for 9.21. (9.21 also included the secureLogin setting).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am using Tomcat. I notice when I change web.xml securelogin to false and restart tomcat, folder webtier-9.30 is created with data and soon deleted, this is why I get HTTP Status 404 - /webtier-9.30/index.do. Any idea?

How to configure system for securelogin? This would be alternative, if I cant configure without securelogin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Strange, setting securLogin to false does not delete anything in my system. It works fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I changed web.xml in Tomcat6.0\webapps\webtier-9.30\web-inf and now it is working, before I changed this in .war file and I had issues. Whic way is right or did I missunderstood instructions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes, the correct pass is apache-tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\name_which_you_specified\WEB-INF.

It is working here as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

For changing web.xml in tomcat folder is workaround. In manual it written to change in .war

Edit the web.xml file within the webtier-9.30 file to add your server connection information. The settings you define in this file determine the client preferences for all web clients. View the Service Manageronline help for a complete list and more detailed explanation of each parameter.

1. Open the webtier-9.30.war file in an archive management program.
  2. Extract the web.xml file from the archive to your local system. Extract this file into its default path of WEB-INF\ so that you can preserve the path information when you archive it again.
  3. Open the web.xml file in a text editor.

Changing .war file is causing to delete webtier-9.30 folder when Apache Tomcat is started

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.