Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HP Service Manager 9.41 Custom Upgrade Package...

Jump to solution

Good afternoon community members.

Has anyone experienced issues when applying the custom upgrade patch?  Here are the steps that I followed and the end result:

(1)  applying the 9.41 application upgrade
(2) merging and reconciling the NEW941 with current 931 and PRE931 objects
(3) creating the custom upgrade package.
(4) applying the custom upgrade package to the test system with a fresh copy of PROD
(5) using the custom upgrade package, the install process quits in the middile of applying the applications data and displays the errors below.  

If anyone has seen this or know how to resolve this issue before running the custom upgrade package, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven B.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HP Service Manager 9.41 Custom Upgrade Package...

Jump to solution

Hello Steven,

You applied the unload file or workaround to the system that is failing with the error right?

Once you did it please confirm Script Library record StringUtil does content a function called escapeAllStr.

If after this you go and apply the custom upgrade package and you receive the exact same error => JS Library functions (StringUtil.escapeAllStr) does not exist (se.get.object,get.datadict). That means custom upgrade includes the function with the problem so the only way to avoid this is to re create the custom upgrade package with the fix applied prior recreation and then run custom upgrade into the new system and confirm it goes fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello StevenB77,

There is a known defect when upgrading to 9.41 from 9..31

We have a workaround documented here:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E128426

Also we have an unload fix for this problem, that I've attached. QCCR1E129028

Please check workaround first, if you feel comfortable with it use it. If not, unload file is a good option as well. Please backup any files unload file will update prior load it to your system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks JD for the timely response. I will start the upgrade process over again and see if this resolves my issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Steven,

Excellent!!! Waiting results and if it goes as expected, please set my response as accepted as solution.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

JD,

Unfortunately that did not solve my issue. Any other ideas?

Thanks Again,

StevenB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Since I have already created the custom upgrade package, is there a way to add this file to the custom upgrade package without starting over?  It seems like that the appropriate action would be to add it to the upgrade data. I hope that I do not have to merge and reconcile the 192 objects again to have to create another upgrade package. 

Thanks,

StevenB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I even found the code that it said was missing from 9.31 to 9.41 upgrade in the upgradeScriptLibrary.dta.

function escapeAllStr(str) {
 if (str != null) {
  str = str.replace(/\\/g, "\\\\");
  str = str.replace(/"/g, "\\\"");
 }
 return  str;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Steven,

You applied the unload file or workaround to the system that is failing with the error right?

Once you did it please confirm Script Library record StringUtil does content a function called escapeAllStr.

If after this you go and apply the custom upgrade package and you receive the exact same error => JS Library functions (StringUtil.escapeAllStr) does not exist (se.get.object,get.datadict). That means custom upgrade includes the function with the problem so the only way to avoid this is to re create the custom upgrade package with the fix applied prior recreation and then run custom upgrade into the new system and confirm it goes fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

When I load the unload that is attached on my 9.31 system, the script StringUtil.escapeAllStr is still not found even after running this unload.  Verified that Client Side load/unload was checked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

And to clarify it said that a total of 37 records were unloaded from this unload file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Steven,

Reviewing the notes in the defect, it seems you have to manually apply the workaround and load the unload file. This is not clear in the QCCR information. Please proceed this way and it should work properly.

Good luck!

SM Support Engineer

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

In my 9.31 there is only one StringUtil found in the script library. 

Name: StringUtil                            Package: BaseUtilities

/**

* This file containes some common methods for string object

*/

// This function is used when generating XML

// to escape things like double quotes, reserved XML chars, etc.

function escapeStringforXML( value )

{

if( value != null ) {

value = value.replace( /&/g, "&" ); // escape all & characters

value = value.replace( />/g, ">" ); // escape all > characters

value = value.replace( /</g, "&lt;" ); // escape all < characters

value = value.replace( /"/g, "&quot;" ); // escape all " characters to &quot;

}

return value;

}

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.