New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted

HP Service Manager 9.x

Hi,

Could some one guide me for the best approach (atleast breaod level steps) to be followed towards implemantation of HEP Service Manager 9.x for getting service delivered of following items : 

Monitoring the health of Data Centre, Application, Database, Servers & Network.

Managing of software patches/upgrades

Asset management

Incident management

Change management.

I am new to HPSM, however i am having fair amount of hands on experience in Helpsdesk Operations using several other and non-OEM tools and ITIL.

Thanks & Regards

P.S. This thread ahs been moved from Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum to HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hemant,

If having experience of ITIL, then it is easy. But you have to learn the syntax of sm otherwise SM is implemented using ITIL with almost same termed used in tool.
Monitoring the health is done by different tools as DC have different components.
for servers - can use HP SHR, sitescope, OM, SAR for Linux base server.
for DB - use vendor software like oracle grid, OM.
fo network may use -HP NNMi, SHR, Nagios, PRTG and many more tools.
Application - HP BAC, BSM,

Managing of software patches/upgrades : HP Serve Automation, HP Client Automation.

Asset management : HP Asset manager can be used.

Incident management, Change management : HP SM as you said.

hth,
Admiral
Admiral

Hello HemantVaswani,

Can you please also post this on the HP Service manager customer forums?

The urls as follow:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager/ct-p/sws-SMgr

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/bd-p/itrc-695#.U3S4nvldWHc

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Service-Manager-Support-Customer/bd-p/SM_EF#.U3S4u_ldWHc

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Carlos Pinto

HP Support 

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution

If you liked it I would appreciate KUDOs

Carlos Pinto
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.