Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP Service Manager HTML Template/Notifications - Random text addition to the email

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I have been working with HP Service Manager for a month or two now, and I am having a weird issue where my HTML Templates don't have a line in them but when users get the email they will see various variations of the following:

HP Service Manager Operator: operator1 SCenter_cc: operator2;operator3

Then it is followed by the rest of the HTML template that is supposed to be there.

No where in the HTML Template Source for these emails do I see any HTML code or JS  that would cause it to be spitting out this line.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Service Manager HTML Template/Notifications - Random text addition to the email

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is from the Help files for Service Manager

------

Startup parameter: clean

Startup parameters change the behavior of the HP Service Manager server. You can always set a startup parameter from the server's operating system command prompt.

Parameter

clean

Description

This parameter enables the Service Manager Reports functionality to exclude a message from email notifications about exported dashboards and reports. By default, this parameter is not enabled, and a message that resembles the following one appears above the header of each Service Manager Reports email notification:

HP Service Manager Operator: <operator name> SCenter_cc:           

Valid if set from

Initialization file (sm.ini)

Requires restart of the Service Manager server?

Yes

Default value

Possible values

0, 1

Example usage

Initialization file: clean:1

------------------

Audrey

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Service Manager HTML Template/Notifications - Random text addition to the email

Jump to solution

You should display your template and and tell how you are sending html.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply,

The template matters not, as it is occuring with ALL HTML Templates we have used to this point;

IM Open, IM update, IM closure as some examples, these haven't been changed since OOB and now on v9.40P2.

As for how I am sending them: (Output from my sm.ini)

querysecurity:1
queryhashcode:*****-hpsm01.domainname.com:13080
smtphost:mail.domainname.com
smtpport:25
smtpusername:Username
*smtppassword:password
mailFrom:Username@domainname.com

Output from sm.cfg:

#
# start a SCAuto Listener
#

sm -scautolistener:12690 -log:..\log\scauto.log

#
# start a JavaMail Listener
#

sm -emailout -log:..\log\JavaMail.log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is from the Help files for Service Manager

------

Startup parameter: clean

Startup parameters change the behavior of the HP Service Manager server. You can always set a startup parameter from the server's operating system command prompt.

Parameter

clean

Description

This parameter enables the Service Manager Reports functionality to exclude a message from email notifications about exported dashboards and reports. By default, this parameter is not enabled, and a message that resembles the following one appears above the header of each Service Manager Reports email notification:

Valid if set from

Initialization file (sm.ini)

Requires restart of the Service Manager server?

Yes

Default value

Possible values

0, 1

Example usage

Initialization file: clean:1

------------------

Audrey

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Audrey,

I put the clean:1 in my Sm.ini file and restarted my the service, but the line 

is still appearing in my emails, would clean:0 be the apropriate one to be using?

I just want to save myself a restart and from having to give users further downtime.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

It should be just "clean".  You may want to try it in your config file:

sm -emailout -clean

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Awesome, Thanks for the clarification @TomPowe

Emails are now sending the Templates as they are supposed to look!

Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.