Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP Service Manager crashes

Hi

Recently our HP Service Manager is getting random crashes and I cant figure out why.  It just stop working.  Restarting HP service Manager service doesnt work, it require a full server restart (as crash I mean that the selftsevice page is down, and no one (users and operators) can connect to service manager via web or client).

Looking at the sm.log, it just stop writing information at the crash moment, and doesnt show any RTE E errors.

It only shows the following Warning very often (in todays log, about 100+ or more)

2388( 3868) 06/27/2016 11:40:28 JRTE W Send error response: Session no longer valid

This happens with or without active users.

Also the escalation process at certain time is paintfully slow (2+ minutes) , in general it happens before a crash.

Our Server configuration is:

VM Win 2008 STD over Hyper-V

20GB RAM (it only use 3 or 4 gb in general)

200GB HDD  (70% avaliable)

HP Service Manager 9.30.021

DB: Oracle 10

I´ll Apreciate any help that the community can provide me.

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Service Manager crashes

Hello Sorrento,

hope you are doing well.

could you please share more log information? is there a signal 11? i would like more details since i have no clear what could be the cause.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The error you specify is information telling you that the user session is no longer valid.  

In your description you mention 'VM Win 2008 STD over Hyper-V'. Is there any kind of v-motion type of activity occuring? Meaning that the VM where SM resides is being balanced to another host? I am not sure of the Hyper-V terminology, but here is a description of what this is in VMWare https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/features/vmotion. 

If the image where SM resides is subject to a V-Motion type action by Hyper-V then that will cause connections to terminate. V-Motion (and similar) is not supported in earlier versions of SM. You will need to disable that for these virtual images.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Im attaching the file: sm_crash.zip is the last log of a crash that happened the last week (5 minutes before crash).  Its a bit long because I enable the RTM:3 and debugdbquery:999 parameters. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

Our hyper-v configuration does not move the VM dynamically as vmotion.  Its an static VM with static resources.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.