hsidani Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

HP Service manager-Microsoft SCSM data migration

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Kindly I would like to know if there is a possibility to migrate data  from Microsoft System center service manager (SCSM) to HP Service manager?If yes please  provide me the link or the document related to this topic. 

Also I'm looking for a comparison sheet between HP service manager and other ITSM products such as Remedy and Microsoft (SCSM).

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Hani 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
DimitarPeychev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP Service manager-Microsoft SCSM data migration

Jump to solution

Hi,

As far as I know migration of data is possible from SCSM to SM, I am not very familiar with SCSM, but it depends on how SCSM can export data. SM can import data using a variety of methods like web services , connect - IT. So configuration work on both system will be required but I would say yes - possible.
And as far as I know the scenario with connect IT is most popular for doing this

about Remedy and Microsoft products please check this, it may be helpful:
http://www.seamlessti.com/datasheets/Datasheet_HP_SM_BMC_ITSM.pdf

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
DimitarPeychev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

As far as I know migration of data is possible from SCSM to SM, I am not very familiar with SCSM, but it depends on how SCSM can export data. SM can import data using a variety of methods like web services , connect - IT. So configuration work on both system will be required but I would say yes - possible.
And as far as I know the scenario with connect IT is most popular for doing this

about Remedy and Microsoft products please check this, it may be helpful:
http://www.seamlessti.com/datasheets/Datasheet_HP_SM_BMC_ITSM.pdf

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting 🙂

View solution in original post

hsidani Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dimitar,

Thanks for your Reply.

Your answer is very helpful. I will verify how we can export data with SCSM.

With regards to the second part, the provided document is talking generally about the products. Actually I'm looking for a document that I can present it to our customers. Since most of the companies are preferred to implement SCSM since it is coming free with Microsoft system Center Suite. So I want to show the main benefits of using HP SM against SCSM.

Anyway Thank you so much

Regards

Hani

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.